Anyone considering studying in the Netherlands will naturally have questions about everyday life:

First of all, there is the national language. Students who study in the Netherlands will certainly take advantage of the offer to attend English-language courses. However, many of the courses are held in Dutch. Moreover, contact with the culture of the host country requires knowledge of the national language.
Those who do not yet have this knowledge should acquire it in advance of their studies. Language certificates are often also required when considering studies in the Netherlands.
The Europass Language Passport has also proven useful. It offers the possibility to present one’s own language skills in detail and consists of the language passport, the language biography and a dossier: For more details, see: Europass Language Passport

For someone who commutes daily to a place of study near the border from Germany, at least the question of housing does not arise.
But the situation is different for someone who has found a place to study further west in the country. And even those who want to lead an “independent” life as a student will look for a “roof over their head” near their place of study. So if you are looking for accommodation – for whatever reason – the best thing you can do is type “kamer + [location name]” into Google.

Information about assistance with rent (huurtoeslag): Huurtoeslag

A residence permit is not compulsory for German students; however, the new residence must be notified to the competent municipality within five days of moving. If you have family insurance with a German health insurance (through your parents) and do not work in the Netherlands, you must prove to the Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB) that you are only staying in the Netherlands for the purpose of studying (so-called WLZ proof procedure). Otherwise you could be fined for allegedly breaching the obligation to take out health insurance. See also the extra info “Studying in the Netherlands – Health Insurance”. Fines also threaten those who are registered as residents of the Netherlands and drive in the Netherlands with a car registered in Germany.

Finally, it is advisable to apply for a citizen service number (BSN). This is already required for everyday things, such as opening a bank account, purchasing a mobile phone, etc. You can find more information about applying for a BSN here.