The Corona measures had serious economic consequences for the self-employed and businesses. Both Germany and the Netherlands have developed different funding and support instruments to counter this.
However, these offers are limited in time (tied to the duration of the measures) and differ in their conditions. Some of them will be stopped soon.
- Overview of the individual support measures and their prerequisites in Germany
- Information on support measures in the area of taxation can be found on the corresponding page of the Federal Ministry of Finance.
- Information on the special regulations for receiving a short-time worker allowance
In the Netherlands, too, financial assistance is available for entrepreneurs active across borders. A service point has been set up in Maastricht for applying for a working capital loan (TOZO).
- News article â€œCorona bridging aid starts – common application platform and implementation by the States is readyâ€ (10 July 2020)
- News article â€œEmergency aid for micro-enterprises and solo self-employed in Germanyâ€ (26 March 2020)
- German Employers’ Confederation (BDA): https://arbeitgeber.de/covid-19/
- Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce (DIHK): https://www.dihk.de/de/aktuelles-und-presse/coronavirus/faq-19594